Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day Four

So while today, I would say, is the same amount of discomfort as yesterday, my sensitivity to light is pretty substantial. The brightness on my computer screen is turned very low and even that sort of strains my eyes. I felt like a rock star wearing a friend's borrowed sunglasses indoors (because I've obviously never had a reason to buy sunglasses in the last couple years--I could never pull off the glasses over glasses look) but opening the fridge was like looking into a small supernova.

Unfortunately, the pressure of a sleeping mask on my face is also pretty unpleasant, so I've closed all my blinds, turned off all my lights, and I'm planning on spending most of the day with my head under my covers, sleeping again.

There's also a marked difference in vision with my left eye now, which has gone blurry. Luckily, I haven't noticed any haziness or glare otherwise.

My attempt to hang out with friends had to happen in the darkest part of the apartment, and I felt a bit like a shady drug deal was going down. We decided to watch a movie--Ip Man 2--and while I can happily report that I could read the subtitles more often than not, I did spend most of it looking away from the screen at the darkness beside the TV. Suffice to say I have no idea what this movie was about.

Maybe as a result of pushing my light-sensitive eyes to do much more than they wanted to, at night I had a bit of a headache and that onion-burning feeling in my eyes again. I popped a Vicodin and went to sleep (on my own--sleep debt is its own Valium) and when I woke up a couple hours later everything felt normal again. I broke into my audiobooks at this point, which have been sitting on my ipod for years as I've really had no use for them, and an hour and a half later, I have to say they aren't so bad at all.

Overall, today was a 4 out of 10 on the pain scale, dropping to maybe 2 out of 10 when I was just relaxing in the dark not doing anything (i.e. bored) and rising to a 4 out of 10 when I was trying to entertain people who'd come over.

No comments:

Post a Comment