Friday, May 28, 2010

Day Two

I woke up amazed that I could see everything clearly from my bed again (including my alarm clock--that old example all of us myopic people fall back on) and half expecting to experience that terrible feeling when your contacts stick to your eyelid, but had no such problems. I've set an alarm to go off every 6 hours so that I can apply the medicated drops to my eyes, even though the technicians told me that it was only important to do so if I was awake and not to worry about it if I was asleep. I'm glad that I was told that PRK patients didn't need eye shields because I hate sleeping with things on my face, but sunglasses definitely helped when I went outside as I was just a little bit (hardly, really) light sensitive. I'm surprised that I don't really have any problems using a computer for some amount of time as long as I enlarge the font enough--only my eyes get dry pretty easily (but I make a point to close them for a slow count every couple seconds and to take a lot of breaks). I'm seeing more clearly from my left eye than my right, I realized, which is odd because my entire life my right eye has been better than my left. However, my left eye is also the one that seems more affected by "negative" symptoms as well.

I'd been experiencing just a mild dry eye and the irritation that comes along with that but I don't know that it ever reached beyond discomfort and into pain today either. I went for my day-after visit and they told me that everything looked perfect. Again, I was warned that the painful days were going to be basically tonight and tomorrow, so I could start taking Ibuprofen every few hours just to get it in my body to start fighting the pain right when it started. I was also warned that the Vicodin would probably help with the pain tomorrow, but that it was important that I take it with food as people often get upset stomachs from it. I slept right after I got back and as I woke up around 6pm to eat dinner, I felt that twinge of the stinging lemon-in-eyes or cutting-an-onion feeling that I've been told is what the worst, third day is going to feel like but eventually fell asleep again before it manifested itself fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment