Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day One

(This is the day of the procedure.)

Afterwards, I immediately felt like I was seeing better (and still do). While there are some spots that were blurry and a bit of haze, everything was much clearer than it had been for a long time. I could see the things on my desk from my bed (about 8 feet away); I could see the clear outline of the door to my room (about 15 feet away). Standing in the aisle of Walgreens, I could read the labels of all the medicine on the shelves.

I did start feeling discomfort though, but definitely not "pain", the day of the procedure. My eyes felt dry and grainy, like there was something stuck in them--but I'm not sure this is any worse than how it was when I was wearing contacts as a sleep-deprived student though (although I guess I still am a sleep deprived student wearing [bandage] contacts). I'd say on a pain scale, I was a 3 out of 10. My eyes were irritated and the right one kept wanting to close but, again it's more discomfort than pain.

I was very anxious to bear with the painful part that, according to accounts by the doctor and people who have gotten PRK before, would be coming in the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment